Princess Culture

Babble writes about the Princess Culture and how to fight it.. I loved this line..I have to use it on MSGS.


Ultimately, when it comes to princesses, the incessant marketing makes me much crazier than the inherent mythology. So, in what is sure to be a crippling blow to the Princess Industrial Complex, I shall continue to not buy that crap. But at home, I’ll allow the DIY princess dress-up and the like — all while taking a page from the playbook of my genius friend Amy Reiter who, when her daughter, then about 4, indicated interest in becoming a princess, responded: “Ah yes! You know, you’ll have to work really hard, speak many languages, understand foreign relations and diplomacy. It might also be helpful to get a graduate degree in international studies.” Dahlia then changed her career plan to ballerina (then butterfly, then baker or car-service driver).

And maybe if I do cave and make birthday princess cupcakes, we’ll all dress up as dragons and eat them alive.


Here is a moderate response..
From Babble

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Justice at last

Tejeshwar Singh