Rangoli Indian designers at the Conran Shop in NY.




The Conran Shop has a wonderful exhibit by Indian designers. I just happened to go in, and am happy to say it was quite a gem. More in the looking sense then buying, since the prices were museum prices!. Also the fact that this exhibit recognized India and Indian designers with their own sensibilities and design vocabulary and not simply a sourcing center for reproducing Western designs.
The designers that were featured were the following. My favourite were Rajesh Pratap with his elegant approach and Abraham and Thakore's innovative spin on Ikat textiles.

AlexDavis- Who seems to make stainless steel flowers and blossoms.
Abraham and Thakore- Black and White Ikat with Ralli stitching details.
RajeshPratap- Men's kimonos and accessories. The image of Rajesh's designs are from Unworn Studio, a wonderful design blog.
Manish Arora- Kitsch bags with embellishments
Ayush Kashliwal worked with metal
Vibhor Sogani combined wood and stainless steel.
KloveStudio- Had interesting shapes of glass vases.
Puneet Brar- Ceramics, very interesting shapes and textures.
Rohit Bal- Embellishments on cushions

Comments

Nidhi said…
Hi Amba, Thanks for linking to me. I put a lot of effort in picking and collaging the images I use on my website. So please link to my blog if you are using one of the image collages created by me. Thanks.

Popular posts from this blog

Justice at last